NOT YOUR USUAL SUSPECTS

A group blog featuring an international array of killer mystery, suspense, and romantic suspense writers. With premises and story lines different from your run-of-the-mill whodunits, we tend to write outside the box. We blog several times a week on all topics relating to romantic suspense and mystery, our writing, and our readers. We welcome all comments and often have guest bloggers. All our authors can be contacted separately, too, using their own social media links.

We find our genre delightfully, dangerously, and deliciously exciting - join us here, if you do too!

NOTE: the blog is currently dormant but please enjoy the posts we're keeping online.


Julie Moffet . Cathy Perkins . Jean Harrington . Daryl Anderson . Nico Rosso . Maureen A Miller . Sandy Parks . Lisa Q Mathews . Sharon Calvin . Lynne Connolly . Janis Patterson . Vanessa Keir . Tonya Kappes . Julie Rowe . Joni M Fisher . Leslie Langtry

Monday, December 31, 2012

MOVING ON TO 2013


The authors of Not Your Usual Suspects share their holiday season with you! We wish all our readers, friends, family and colleagues - and people who are allof these *g* - the very best wishes for the season, and a sled-ful of luck, love, peace and success in 2013. We hope to share it all with you.




Today we look forward to 2013....


What's the best thing we're carrying forward from 2012?  Have you enjoyed good health, or specific issues addressed? Have there been new babies / marriages / loves / bestsellers (*g*)? Are you finishing the year with a brave new attitude / business successes / new shoes / new friends / dropping old (bad) friends etc?!


Share your hopes for 2013 and your pleasures from 2012 with us here!


Clare London
website | blog | facebook | twitter

2012 has seen many changes for me, but one thing I've learned  is that, unfortunately, I CAN'T have it all. Something has to give, and it's usually me :). But that's also encouraged me to look at my priorities, and decide what's really good. I may not write as much in 2013 but it'll be on chosen projects, to allow myself time to relax. Oh, and of course I'll be losing 4 stone and winning the lottery HAHA.


Marcelle Dube
website

The best thing I’m carrying forward from 2012 is that I can actually survive my empty nest!


Julie Wachowski
website

For the last few years, instead of a “resolution” I give myself a motto. Last year it was: “say yes.” This year’s motto is “what matters?”


Jean Harrington
website

My favorite saying for New Year's is that resolutions are made to be broken. If I can pick one best thing from Clare's "bucket list," it's "bestseller." Happy 2013 to all my Carina friends. Cheers, and bright memories, Jean.


Toni Anderson
Blog | Website | Facebook | Twitter

2012 was a great year for me in many ways professionally. I hope I can build on that writing wise. I'm hoping to drop the 'mice issues' in 2013, and by god I'd love me a pair of sexy boots (I'm thinking UGG, not heels :-) )


Anne-Marie Becker
website | facebook | twitter

Moving on - I like the sound of that. I'm excited to carry forward the momentum in my Mindhunters series. Carina Press recently offerred me a contract for book 3 - DEADLY BONDS, and it will be released this summer, so I'll have plenty to keep me busy. Also, I'll be attending the Romantic Times conference for the first time ever this May, and I'm really looking forward to it.


Wynter Daniels
website

In 2012 I dipped my toes into the self-publishing pool and added eight books to my body of work. Self-publishing gave me more freedom than I have with the four publishing houses my other books are with. Although I will continue to submit certain work to those publishers, I hope to continue putting out books myself that fall outside the traditional boxes. This new business model has proved not only creatively freeing, but also financially sound for me. Cheers to a healthy and prosperous 2013 for all!


Elise Warner
website

Good health, good friends and good family and to continue writing, and seeing my work published.


Julie Moffett
website

 Looking forward to 2013! Lots of good things happened to me in 2012 and I'm hoping for an even better 2013!



Entries collected and posted by Clare - any pictures that haven't been provided by the authors have been chosen by me, and any queries about them can be directed here.

No comments:

More Popular Posts