Here are a few other things I love about Halloween:
10. Pumpkin picking. I love going to the pumpkin farms and riding out into the fields on a tractor. I love choosing the perfect pumpkins and hauling them home.
8. Decorating. Granted, my decorating has been more PreK than Rated R for horror these past few years, but I love the decorating.
7. Pumpkin EVERYTHING! Pumpkin bread, pumpkin rolls, cookies, desserts Pumpkin lattes. omg the pumpkin lattes *dead*It's the one day a year I can score points on those Olympic caliber PTA moms. I have Pinterest on my side, after all.
5. Candy! I love giving other people's kids candy. It's the mean spirit in me. I will empty bags of sugar into other people's kids' bags. Take! Eat! Freak out your mama!
4. Boo Berry, Frankenberry & Count Chocula. What? You were thinking it too.
3. Scary Movie Marathons. Need I say more? Poltergeist, Nightmare on Elmstreet, Anything Hitchcock, Chucky....OK, that's a lie. I'm afraid of my shadow. I marathon Supernatural all day and ogle the Winchesters.
2. Pumpkin Carving: This is not my pumpkin. Mine have three triangles for eyes+nose and a weird hole/teeth/fail mouth. I love the tradition of carving though and the yummy baked pumpkin seeds that come after. This pic is from scaryforkids
1. Dress up for Mama. Hey, the kids aren't the only ones who can rock a cosplay.So, how'd I do? What goes on your top 10 list for Halloween traditions? (I left out haunted houses because I've only made it through one and that was in college, at Cedar Point. I buried my face in my date's back and didn't look up until I saw daylight again. -- YES. I went in the daytime. Like the scardey baby that I am.)