NOT YOUR USUAL SUSPECTS

A group blog featuring an international array of killer mystery, suspense, and romantic suspense writers. With premises and story lines different from your run-of-the-mill whodunits, we tend to write outside the box. We blog several times a week on all topics relating to romantic suspense and mystery, our writing, and our readers. We welcome all comments and often have guest bloggers. All our authors can be contacted separately, too, using their own social media links.

We find our genre delightfully, dangerously, and deliciously exciting - join us here, if you do too!

NOTE: the blog is currently dormant but please enjoy the posts we're keeping online.


Julie Moffet . Cathy Perkins . Jean Harrington . Daryl Anderson . Nico Rosso . Maureen A Miller . Sandy Parks . Lisa Q Mathews . Sharon Calvin . Lynne Connolly . Janis Patterson . Vanessa Keir . Tonya Kappes . Julie Rowe . Joni M Fisher . Leslie Langtry

Friday, December 7, 2012

Festive Offerings to Entertain

During the roll up to Christmas I like to get in the mood by watching, listening and reading festive offerings. With that in mind I thought I’d mention a few of my favorites.

Music:
Christmas isn’t Christmas to me until I hear the song Snoopy’s Christmas sung by The Royal Guardsmen. This is my all-time favorite song.



While searching YouTube I found this video. See if your favorite is here.



Movies:

I have two favorites. The first is an action movie featuring Bruce Willis. Die Hard, the first movie, is one of my standby action movies and it just happens to take place during Christmas. Yippee ki yay!



The other movie I like to watch is Love Actually. It’s a romantic comedy with a great cast including Hugh Grant, Colin Firth, Liam Neeson and Bill Nighy just to mention a few. Each time I watch this movie I notice new things and the ending always makes me smile.



Books:

I never have time to read Christmas books. I buy them and run out of time. This year, however, I’m running away to Hawaii for Christmas, and I intend to read all the books I’ve saved from previous years while relaxing by the pool. Note – there might be a fruity cocktail or two involved. I have Home for the Holidays by Sarah Mayberry, A Regency Christmas anthology and a Clockwork Christmas, a Carina Press offering all loaded on my iPad ready to go.

This year I discovered audio books in a big way. I’d love to listen to a few Christmas stories, but haven’t come across any yet. If you have some to suggest, let me know.

Finally, let me head into promo territory to tell you about my Christmas book. Christmas is Coming is book two in my Fancy Free series. And yes, it’s a naughty one. These characters got up to mischief before Christmas. Please don’t hate them for it :)



Christmas is coming. Give your lover the gift of pleasure…

Gaby Montgomery works for Fancy Free as a condom designer. Recently she’s been designing sex toys and testing her inventions with fellow designer Marc, but they’ve parted ways. The timing couldn’t be worse because she’s stuck without a willing test subject for her sexy products.

Gaby’s roommates Liam Richardson and Fletch Darcy both want a serious relationship with Gaby, and now that she’s free, it’s time to make a move. But how do they decide which one will date Gaby? Fletch finally suggests they share her. Liam is skeptical but agrees the scheme might work, which allows Fletch to move on to step two of his romance plan. Fletch doesn’t just want Gaby, he wants Liam as well.

The loving is hot, their days full of fun product testing, exquisite pleasure and laughter. Everything is perfect until the outside world intrudes, putting their budding relationship under stress. This time their love and friendship might not stand the pressure.

Publisher’s Note: Want to have more fun with the characters in this book, including finding out more about those spaceship sightings, then pick up Fancy Free along with the books in the Talking Dog series. They’re an out-of-this world experience.

Read an excerpt
Purchase

Do you enjoy Christmas-themed stories, movies and television? Do you have any favorites or ones you’d recommend?

5 comments:

Anne Marie Becker said...

LOVE the post, Shelley! Fun clips.

Like you, I love Die Hard. It's one of our Christmas traditions in the Becker household. :) Others are Trading Places, The Ref, Elf, A Christmas Story, and (with the kids) Polar Express. Wow, I'd better start watching some movies - Christmas is around the corner! :)

Rita said...

Love Actually is one of tghe best moves ever!
Now I'm off to buy your book ;-)

Wynter said...

Thanks for all the clips! I love holiday books in theory. But like you, I rarely get to read them because it's such a busy time of year. I will have to start on them next year in July!

Toni Anderson said...

I <3 LOVE ACTUALLY and watch it every year. Makes me happy and sad and LOL.
The book sounds wonderful :)

Shelley Munro said...

I'm glad to hear there are so many Love Actually fans. I love the humor in it and it is sad too, but it's so clever.

Rita - thank you! Enjoy :)

Wynter, I'm determined to read at least one this year!

Anne Marie - I'll have to watch Polar Express one year. I've never seen it.

More Popular Posts