NOT YOUR USUAL SUSPECTS

A group blog featuring an international array of killer mystery, suspense, and romantic suspense writers. With premises and story lines different from your run-of-the-mill whodunits, we tend to write outside the box. We blog several times a week on all topics relating to romantic suspense and mystery, our writing, and our readers. We welcome all comments and often have guest bloggers. All our authors can be contacted separately, too, using their own social media links.

We find our genre delightfully, dangerously, and deliciously exciting - join us here, if you do too!

NOTE: the blog is currently dormant but please enjoy the posts we're keeping online.


Julie Moffet . Cathy Perkins . Jean Harrington . Daryl Anderson . Nico Rosso . Maureen A Miller . Sandy Parks . Lisa Q Mathews . Sharon Calvin . Lynne Connolly . Janis Patterson . Vanessa Keir . Tonya Kappes . Julie Rowe . Joni M Fisher . Leslie Langtry

Friday, December 9, 2016

Best laid plans...

Well, by now I should have completed the fourth and final book in my BEYOND series, FOUR
WORLDS. Granted, this series is science fiction, but never fear, I am a romantic suspense author through and through. There is romance. There is suspense. It just happens to be on another planet. Of course, the main character is from North Carolina so that kind of brings it down to earth. :)



Anyway, I digress. As I said, I should be completing that book about now, but instead I have been sidelined by this monster.

Her name is Tink, but I simply call her, "The Mouth." She came home two weeks ago, and fortunately there have been great strides in that time. 





The first few nights I averaged about two hours of sleep. Music, TV, talk radio, stuffed animals...nothing worked to stem the nighttime crying. I was exhausted, and as soon as I tried to get some work done while she was napping...this is what would happen.

Then out of sheer desperation my husband downloaded an app that plays a music box lullaby on repeat. As soon as it came on her cries turned to little whimpers and then faded away completely. In less than two minutes she was asleep. Now, every night we listen to the music box and there is peace had by all.

I'm still working on the nipping/barking/whining during the day that sidelines me from getting my work done, but gosh, look at her. It's so hard not to just melt. 



Christmas will be a crazy one this year. I hope the family is patient. I hope my business associates are patient. I hope "The Mouth" is patient. And I hope you all have as awesome a holiday as I'm going to have!

Maureen
www.MaureenAMiller.com

12 comments:

Anne Marie Becker said...

Oh, those ears! So cute, and congratulations on your new addition. How funny that a music box solved the problem. :D

Maureen A. Miller said...

Those ears. She looks like a cross between Yoda and Gizmo. :) Thanks Anne Marie!

Unknown said...

So, so cute.

My pup is 19 weeks old now. I'd like to tell you it gets easier. I'd like to...
Enjoy every moment. :o)

Maureen A. Miller said...

Not encouraging words, Petunia! :)

Elise Warner said...

With or without fur, I guess we all love lullabies. She is adorable.

CathyP said...

Glad you found music to soothe the ...soul.

Merry Christmas!

Marcelle Dubé said...

What a sweetie pie! And the dog's cute, too! :-) Merry Christmas, Maureen. You're gonna need lots of eggnog this season...

jean harrington said...

Maureen, Love is so difficult. Sigh. But worth it!

Maureen A. Miller said...

Thanks all for feeling my pain / love.

All I can say is the puppy is not allowed anywhere near the Christmas tree!

Julie Moffett said...

She is so darn adorable!!! It's like having a brand new baby!!

Toni Anderson said...

Oh, yeah, puppies are hard work! ((())) she'll settle.

Dee J. said...

OMG. She is so ADORABLE!! Congrats on the new fur baby. And congrats on marrying such a smart man! Haha!

More Popular Posts