NOT YOUR USUAL SUSPECTS

A group blog featuring an international array of killer mystery, suspense, and romantic suspense writers. With premises and story lines different from your run-of-the-mill whodunits, we tend to write outside the box. We blog several times a week on all topics relating to romantic suspense and mystery, our writing, and our readers. We welcome all comments and often have guest bloggers. All our authors can be contacted separately, too, using their own social media links.

We find our genre delightfully, dangerously, and deliciously exciting - join us here, if you do too!

NOTE: the blog is currently dormant but please enjoy the posts we're keeping online.


Julie Moffet . Cathy Perkins . Jean Harrington . Daryl Anderson . Nico Rosso . Maureen A Miller . Sandy Parks . Lisa Q Mathews . Sharon Calvin . Lynne Connolly . Janis Patterson . Vanessa Keir . Tonya Kappes . Julie Rowe . Joni M Fisher . Leslie Langtry

Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Leslie Langtry...Possible Fraud...Definite Neurotic.

I had a book launch one week ago. MOTTO FOR MURDER, Book #6 in my USA Today Bestselling Merry Wrath Mystery Series, came out Tuesday, April 24.


I think there's a glamorous misconception on what goes on the day a new book is launched. Obviously, I was lounging on the settee in a formal gown, wearing a tiara and plucking bon bons from a box of Belgian Chocolates - as hundreds of fans paraded by, offering thunderous applause.

The truth is somewhat less interesting. I sat in my pajamas, nervously checking my sales stats, while eating cereal washed down with a Kickstart energy drink (which was not good considering my aforementioned nervous condition).

Somewhere in there I'm sure I let the dogs out about fifty times (occasionally letting them back in), did dishes and laundry, paid bills, and nervously checked my sales stats. Oh yes, and I distinctly remember stepping on one of the cats' unfortunately (and yet strategically) placed hairballs. Because cats are evil and have no respect for the creative process. But that's another blog post for another day...

I don't know a single author who doesn't sweat launch day. We're all convinced that this is the book that flops. The book that destroys our reputation and future sales. I know, it sounds crazy, but that's a concern with creative types. Well, the ones who are insecure, like me, that is.

You can all breathe a sigh of relief - this launch went well. Which probably means it's the next one that will screw up my career. I'm not kidding. I've written 20 books and I still worry. Clearly, I'm neurotic.

And I did get some Belgian Chocolates from a friend who stopped by (and also a burger from Wendy's which was much appreciated - Thank you, Susan).

If you know an author who's launch is forthcoming, please be kind. And maybe get her some bon bons and a double cheeseburger.

I can guarantee that she'll thank you for it.



Leslie Langtry

2 comments:

Sandy Parks said...

You definitely have launch day pegged, Leslie! Only I'd prefer wine instead of a cheeseburger!

Đồng hồ Việt said...

Let's join DonghoViet.com to find out the information around the world of watches today. From there, get useful experiences in choosing watches for yourself as well as your loved ones.

+ https://donghoviet.com/
+ https://donghoviet.com/dong-ho-nam/
+ https://donghoviet.com/dong-ho-nu/

More Popular Posts