NOT YOUR USUAL SUSPECTS

A group blog featuring an international array of killer mystery, suspense, and romantic suspense writers. With premises and story lines different from your run-of-the-mill whodunits, we tend to write outside the box. We blog several times a week on all topics relating to romantic suspense and mystery, our writing, and our readers. We welcome all comments and often have guest bloggers. All our authors can be contacted separately, too, using their own social media links.

We find our genre delightfully, dangerously, and deliciously exciting - join us here, if you do too!

NOTE: the blog is currently dormant but please enjoy the posts we're keeping online.


Julie Moffet . Cathy Perkins . Jean Harrington . Daryl Anderson . Nico Rosso . Maureen A Miller . Sandy Parks . Lisa Q Mathews . Sharon Calvin . Lynne Connolly . Janis Patterson . Vanessa Keir . Tonya Kappes . Julie Rowe . Joni M Fisher . Leslie Langtry

Friday, August 26, 2016

Writer's Olympics

I'm always so sad when the Olympic torch goes out. Monday night I sat in front of the TV and said, "Now what?" For two weeks I didn't engage in the debate of, "What should we watch tonight?" If the prime coverage wasn't on, I switched to the auxilary channel that was piping in Olympic events all day long. That channel was actually much more entertaining. There you got to see some raw events such as women's weightlifting. I was ready to lift the couch after watching that!




I am hooked to these events because I enjoy viewing all the things I could never manage myself. We watch all these Marvel superheros in the movies when there are real superheroes out there. People who can perform hurculean feats. I have such admiration for anyone that reaches this level.

They should have an Olympics for writers. It could have such competitions as:

     Endurance Writing - Maximum word count in a single seating. 

     Marathon Writing - 26.1 miles on a writer's treadmill. 

     Writer's reach - Maximum stretch length to retrieve a much-needed pile of notes on that book cabinet you can just barely reach without standing up from your desk.  

     Writer's stare down - Who can stare at a single word the longest.

     Writer's coffee challenge - Who can drink the most coffee without running to the             bathroom during a pivotal scene.

What do you think? I'd slay the coffee challenge! I can wiggle in place for at least a half hour after three cups of coffee.


Maureen A. Miller
Competing in the Writer's coffee challenge trials.
www.MaureenAMiller.com



5 comments:

Marcelle Dubé said...

Fun post, Maureen, thanks. I would tune in to watch you writing while walking on a treadmill and wearing a sequined dress. And maybe singing.

Anne Marie Becker said...

Hahaha - I love this, Maureen! Let's go for the gold! And we don't even have to wait four years for the next opportunity to roll around! ;)

Rita said...

Woot! I'm in for everything but the treadmill desk. I can hardly type to begin with and I certainly can't type and walk and think of words at the same time.

Maureen A. Miller said...

Maybe we could have desk-front weightlifting. A full coffee mug in each hand, and see how many reps we can lift them. :)

Elise Warner said...

I'll join. May have a chance for gold when it comes to coffee.

More Popular Posts