NOT YOUR USUAL SUSPECTS

A group blog featuring an international array of killer mystery, suspense, and romantic suspense writers. With premises and story lines different from your run-of-the-mill whodunits, we tend to write outside the box. We blog several times a week on all topics relating to romantic suspense and mystery, our writing, and our readers. We welcome all comments and often have guest bloggers. All our authors can be contacted separately, too, using their own social media links.

We find our genre delightfully, dangerously, and deliciously exciting - join us here, if you do too!

NOTE: the blog is currently dormant but please enjoy the posts we're keeping online.


Julie Moffet . Cathy Perkins . Jean Harrington . Daryl Anderson . Nico Rosso . Maureen A Miller . Sandy Parks . Lisa Q Mathews . Sharon Calvin . Lynne Connolly . Janis Patterson . Vanessa Keir . Tonya Kappes . Julie Rowe . Joni M Fisher . Leslie Langtry

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A WRITER'S RESOLUTIONS FOR 2015--AND BEYOND!


In 2015, I resolve to:

 

Revise, revise, revise every page I write all year long.

 

Enjoy all the minutes, hours and days I’m lucky enough to spend writing.

 

Slow down my typing and check what I’ve written before sending any e-mails.  (This is not just a resolution; it is a vow.)

 

Obey the law of love to the fullest extent I can, except when torturing my characters.

 

Listed and Lethal is the name I’ll pursue for my new mystery series. 

 

Understand—even though it’s hard sometimes—that life is beautiful even when my plot hits a stone wall.

 

Take time out to smell the printer’s ink.

 

Inhale it again.  Can’t get too much of a good thing.

 

Offer helpful critiques to my fellow writers and do so without hurting or discouraging anyone.

 

Never say, “I’ll never finish the damn book.”

 

Sing Auld Lang Syne at midnight, even if I forget the words.

 

A Happy, Successful, New Year to Each and  Everyone!

 

Tags:  cozy mysteries, interior design, Naples Florida,

  

4 comments:

Elise Warner said...

Excellent resolutions. We'll all follow them. I'll add one more--Remember to laugh.

Anne Marie Becker said...

Perfect post to end one year and look ahead to the next! :)

jean harrington said...

Thanks, Elise and Anne Marie. Now I'm going to prove I'm not a robot and post a Happy New Year
comment especially to you and to all my writing pals.

jean harrington said...

Thanks, Elise and Anne Marie. Now I'm going to prove I'm not a robot and post a Happy New Year
comment especially to you and to all my writing pals.

More Popular Posts