NOT YOUR USUAL SUSPECTS

A group blog featuring an international array of killer mystery, suspense, and romantic suspense writers. With premises and story lines different from your run-of-the-mill whodunits, we tend to write outside the box. We blog several times a week on all topics relating to romantic suspense and mystery, our writing, and our readers. We welcome all comments and often have guest bloggers. All our authors can be contacted separately, too, using their own social media links.

We find our genre delightfully, dangerously, and deliciously exciting - join us here, if you do too!

NOTE: the blog is currently dormant but please enjoy the posts we're keeping online.


Julie Moffet . Cathy Perkins . Jean Harrington . Daryl Anderson . Nico Rosso . Maureen A Miller . Sandy Parks . Lisa Q Mathews . Sharon Calvin . Lynne Connolly . Janis Patterson . Vanessa Keir . Tonya Kappes . Julie Rowe . Joni M Fisher . Leslie Langtry

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

SUMMER TIME

In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find

Chh chh-chh, uh, Chh chh-chh, uh

Chh chh-chh, uh, Chh chh-chh, uh

No pithy words of wisdom today. It’s the middle of summer, at least in this hemisphere, and it’s been warmer than usual in the states and parts of Canada. Summers, for me, were a fun slower time. As a kid always on the beach. As an adult showing my kids the country, camping at national parks, spending a month at the lake, fishing, swimming, birding, enjoying millions of fire flies.  Now? It’s having a coffee smoothie to start the day. Hanging out on the dock with a sweet tea. Or, by the pool with a Long Island Tea or frozen Margarita and cruising on the beach.
What about you? What’s a favorite childhood summer memory?  What are you doing this summer?
Have a great second half of summer.    

Rita  

7 comments:

Maureen A. Miller said...

I don't know why this sticks with me, but when I was a kid my grandfather would give me a quarter a day in the summer. I could take that to the community swimming pool concession stand and buy a banana Popsicle and one piece of taffy. I can still taste that banana Popsicle! :)

Rita said...

Oh Maureen. Things like that are such sweet memories. Do they even make banana popsicles any more?

jean harrington said...

Going to my Aunt Mary's country home in Rehoboth, Massachusetts, and jumping into the (muddy) swimming hole. Other thoughts too, but too long for here. A good question, Rita.

Rita said...

Jean sounds like heaven.

Toni Anderson said...

Riding my bike and walking my old dog. Sticking my hand in the pond and trying to catch goldfish. Seeing my mom's flowers. Spending the holidays at my grandparents' house, trapped in a stuffy room, drinking hot tea, watching Wimbledon and loving it. So many great memories, Rita. Love the banana popsicle story :)

Rita said...

What great memories Toni. Do you ever wonder what the kids today will say about their memories?

Toni Anderson said...

I do, Rita. I really do.

More Popular Posts